I had a chat the other day about this topic, and that lead me to write down a few ideas I have about this topic. What to look for on a Senior UX Designer?… here’s a few things that pop up immediately:
- Systems Thinking – understanding the how and why things work one way in society, organizations or technology is paramount to influence change on the right people at the right time
- Change Management – Launching a new awesome app is just not enough if that’s not accompanied by proper communication and engaging strategies
- Performing User Research and being a great observer, identifying patterns of behavior out of data and human observation.
- Be able to establish analogies across different industries and apply best practices. “What have others figure out, that we haven’t?”
- Practice evidence lead Design. Don’t follow assumptions, but instead validate them and change ideas/believes quickly about what he/she thinks is the best solution.
- Visual Design or Art Direction, because in the end of the day the touchpoints of a system are mostly a visual interface.
- Communication skills because presenting solutions to a problem must be compelling and simple to everyone to understand. While asking the right questions, to go deep into the origin of problems.